Lion Dairy & Drinks and Coles supermarkets have been forced to recall a number of products sold and distributed in Western Australia due to a possible bacteria contamination.
Lion said it has undertaken a recall of a number of products manufactured on Saturday, January 23 2016 at its Bentley dairy site in WA as a “precautionary measure”.
Coles, which contracts Lion to produce its home brand milk, also announced it was recalling its Coles Western Australian fresh hilo milk 98% fat free carton 1L and Coles Western Australian fresh full cream milk carton 1L sold in Coles supermarkets in WA, both with an expiry of February 6, 2016.
Lion products involved in the recall include:
- Pura Hi-Lo 600ml and 1L (expiry: February 7, 2016)
- Masters Strawberry 300ml, 600ml and 1L (expiry: February 7, 2016)
- Masters Double Shot Iced Coffee 600ml (expiry: February 7, 2016)
- Masters Mocha 600ml and 1L (expiry: February 7, 2016)
- Masters Coffee Light 600ml (expiry: February 7, 2016)
- Masters Chocolate 300ml and 600ml (expiry: February 7, 2016)
- Farmers Union Iced Coffee 600ml (expiry: February 7, 2016)
“The recall follows routine internal testing which showed a microbial count in excess of our quality standards. There have been no consumer complaints to date made regarding any of the products,” Lion said.
“Importantly, Lion has undertaken additional testing on all retention samples for these batches, and to date testing has found no evidence of any contaminant known to cause illness.
“We believe this is an isolated incident impacting only the production on one manufacturing line on Saturday 23 January 2016 at the Lion Bentley dairy site. We encourage anyone who has consumed these products with the specific use by date outlined and who feels unwell to seek medical advice as required.”
Coles said no other date codes had been affected.
Consumers seeking further information about Lions’ products can contact the Lion Consumer Enquiry Centre on 1800 677 852. Customers seeking further information on Coles’ products can contact Coles Customer Care on 1800 061 562.