Following overwhelming demand from Aussie chocolate fans, KitKat has announced that its world-first flavour innovation, KitKat Gold, is ditching its limited edition status and staying in stores.
The launch last August sparked a gold rush across the nation and saw Nestlé HQ inundated with hundreds of calls from passionate fans declaring their love for the new flavour.
Chocolate fanatics simply could not get enough of the delicious, creamy golden white choc covered wafer fingers. This resulted in KitKat Gold flying off the shelves in record time, smashing all expectations.
Nestlé Confectionery Marketing Head Anna Stewart said: “The reaction we received from our fans has been absolutely phenomenal. KitKat Gold has sent chocoholics into a frenzy – it’s like nothing we’ve seen before.
“We attracted the attention of chocolate lovers across the world, with fear of missing out leading to bids of almost $200 per block on eBay.
“You asked, and we listened – we’re delighted to announce that KitKat Gold will remain on shelves. Aussies can continue taking a well-deserved and deliciously caramelised break from their busy day.”
Throughout the launch dedicated KitKat enthusiasts shared their love for KitKat Gold on the KitKat Facebook page:
- “Holy sweet Jesus, the new KitKat Gold is insanely…. delectably… awesome. It is by far the best KitKat out there and I love KitKat!!! I hope Gold sticks around long term. I’ve told everyone I know to get a block” – Erin
- “Please don’t get rid of the KitKat Gold bar, it’s honestly the most amazing chocolate I’ve ever had” – Nicole
- “My one dream in life is that KitKat Gold becomes permanent as well as more stocked release. Please help my dream become a reality” – Shannon
- “Best KitKat ever! I love a regular KitKat. But this is Gold! Not too crazy just scrumptious subtle flavour that has enough of a twist to be totally awesome. Please make this permanent. 😋” – Mair
The product is available in the following formats and RRP:
- KitKat Gold block 170g (RRP $5.19); available in grocery stores nationwide
- KitKat Gold medium bar 45g (RRP $1.99); available exclusively at Woolworths