Coronavirus (COVID-19) is causing major changes to how we live and do business in Australia. While we are experiencing many difficulties like out of stocks, there are also many positives for our businesses. Over the weekend it was announced that Petrol Stations are an essential service and will be allowed to stay open.
All pubs, clubs (excluding bottle shops), hotels (excluding accommodation), gyms and indoor sporting venues, cinemas, entertainment venues, casinos, and night clubs will be closed from midday Monday 23rd March.
With these closures, Petrol Station’s will be busier than ever.
I encourage you to stay positive, innovate and look for new opportunities to grow your business in these difficult times.
Considerations for your Petrol Station:
- Keeping staff healthy should be a high priority. If staff are infected with Coronavirus they will have to self isolate for 2 weeks meaning they can’t work.
- Sanitise as much as possible. It is good practice to clean with a hospital-grade disinfectant all areas staff and customers come into contact with every hour including nozzles. Advertise to your customers you are doing this.
- Staff should wear gloves to help protect them from potential infection. Gloves should also be made available to customers.
- Staff should wash hands and use sanitiser regularly. Make sanitiser available to customers.
- Only use single-use coffee cups (no reusable coffee cups)
Government Stimulus Package affecting Petrol Stations:
- Small businesses will receive cash payments up to $100,000.
- Australian Government to guarantee unsecured small business loans up to $250,000.
This is in addition to the freeze on business loan repayments for the next 6 months and an extension of the instant asset write-off.
If you need help or clarification on how these measures affect your business, discuss with your accountant or give me a call.
At ServoPro, it is business as usual. We are here to help independent petrol station owners around Australia. As an independent, you may not have the resources of our larger competitors and we need to stick together to get through this crisis.
I am available anytime, via email, SMS or phone to help you. Along with our panel of industry experts and partners in key areas such as HR, Safety and Legal, we are here to help.
Wishing you good health and stay safe.
Dan Armes – Founder of ServoPro
m: 0490 415 063