Entries are now open for the 2020 Shop! ANZ Retail Marketing Awards, with the best in Australian retail marketing campaigns to be recognised.
The awards cover 26 categories, including physical displays and shopper experience in the convenience and petrol sector. They recognise and reward best practice, innovation, and excellence in retail and shopper marketing.
The awards are open to both Shop! ANZ members and non-members, and the 2020 program will boast a number of new features, including a new culturally sensitive trophy, four new categories and an extended eligibility period to take into account the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on retail marketing.
Carla Bridge, General Manager of Shop! ANZ, said that despite the setback of COVID-19 restrictions earlier in 2020, the 23rd annual Awards are shaping up to be the biggest and best yet.
“Like many, COVID-19 has afforded us the opportunity to reinvent the way things have been done in the past, and as a result we’ve launched a number of new categories to cater to the market where we are at now, as well as overhauling some historic elements that were in need of a modern approach.
“The historic ‘cigar shop Indian’ statuette trophies will be replaced this year for a new and exciting design to be launched on the Awards night that we feel is a better reflection of our industry and caters to the range of cultural sensitivities in the multi-faceted world we live in,” said Bridge.
“We’ve also introduced two one-off COVID-19 related categories to recognise the impact that coronavirus restrictions have had on the way we market to shoppers in retail environments and beyond. Retail marketing these days has a much broader remit than the store footprint, and coronavirus has really cemented that this year.”
Submissions are open until 18 January 2021. Entries must have been in market between the period of 1 July to 31 December. Australian and New Zealand designers and producers of retail marketing material, brand owners, agencies, suppliers, and retailers are eligible to enter the Awards.
Retail Marketing Awards categories include:
– Large or Department Store
– Grocery Store (food) –Temporary Display & Permanent Display
– Grocery Store (non-food)
– Liquor – Temporary Display & Permanent Display
– Petrol, Convenience & Route
– Health & Beauty – Temporary & Permanent
– Consumer Electronics – Temporary & Permanent
– Specialty Retail, Lifestyle & Service Providers – Temporary Display & Permanent Display
– Category Management
– Window Displays
– Store Design
– POP THIS POP THAT Retail Industrial Design – Temporary & Permanent
– Covid-19-Safe Retail Continuity Product
– Digital In-store, Mobile, Social & Online
– Sales Promotion
– Occasion-based Shopper Campaign
– Integrated Path to Purchase Campaign
– Campaign Response to a Covid-19 Changing Shopper
Pinnacle and special awards
– People’s Choice Award
– Environmental Stewardship
– Best Design & Innovation
– Best Display
– Best Shopper Experience
– Tom Harris Retail Marketing Award (Best in Show)
Awards criteria, and step-by-step guides on how to enter the Awards online are available at www.shopassociation.org.au/enter-awards