Caltex and Woolworths have opened the first of three co-created stores aimed at delivering fresh convenience at the service station.
The 24-hour Caltex Woolworths Metro in North Ryde, NSW, is owned and operated by the fuel giant but utilises Woolworths’ expertise in convenience foods and groceries.
The new store format, to be owned and operated by Caltex, features a curated product range perfect for customers looking to grab something fresh to eat for breakfast, lunch or dinner or to pick up high quality fresh food and groceries for later.
Jo Taylor, Caltex’s Executive General Manager, Convenience Retail, said; “We’re excited about redefining the convenience experience for our customers. We know Australians lead busy lives and are looking for great quality fresh food for a meal on the go or to make preparing a meal at home a little bit easier.
“Our new store will set the new standard of service, product quality and range that customers will begin to expect when they shop in the petrol and convenience sector.”
Ian McDonald, Woolworths General Manager, Wholesale, said: “As customers’ needs change and demand for fresh, food-for-now and food-for-later continues to grow, so too do the expectations for quality and convenience.
“Caltex Woolworths Metro is an exciting next phase of our partnership with Australia’s leading fuel network. We’re delighted to help bring together some of the best elements of both businesses for the benefit of our mutual customers.”
The new Caltex Woolworths Metro will offer:
- An array of sandwiches, hot food such as chicken, pies and pastries, and barista made coffee, alongside fresh fruit and vegetables that can be used for a meal at home;
- A range of essential great quality products from Woolworths exclusive Own Brand range for customers to do top-up shops;
- Easier and fast payment options, including self-checkouts in-store and the availability of Caltex’s FuelPay app on the forecourt;
- Quick service restaurant partners, including Boost Juice;
- Access to earn Woolworths Everyday Rewards points and 4c per litre off redemption offer.
A second Caltex Woolworths Metro will launch in Kingsford in NSW later this month, with a third site to follow in Melbourne in early 2020.
Caltex Woolworths Metro at North Ryde will be open 24 hours a day.