SPAR Australia has recognised the support of key suppliers across various categories, including the company’s coveted Supplier of the Year Awards.
SPAR Australia’s managing director, Lou Jardin, thanked suppliers for the role they have played throughout 2015 and the support they have shown the SPAR business.
Snackbrands Australia, SPAR Australia’s Supplier Of The Year for 2015; achieved a standout year, leading the way in each of the award’s criteria and achieving growth of 27.2 per cent over the previous year.
Other award winners included:
• 2015 Grocery Platinum Supplier Of The Year – Mars Petcare Australia
• 2015 Grocery Gold Supplier Of The Year – Lion Dairy & Drinks Australia
• 2015 Refrigerated Platinum Supplier Of The Year – Devondale Murray Goulburn
• 2015 Refrigerated Gold Supplier Of The Year – Peters Ice Cream
• 2015 Fabulous Supplier Of The Year – Real Dairy Australia Pty Ltd
• 2015 Direct Supplier Of The Year – Tip Top Bakery
• 2015 New Product Launch Of The Year – Unilever Australia – Streets Blue Ribbon Golden Gaytime Ice Cream
• 2015 Retailers’ Choice Supplier Of The Year – Coca-Cola Amatil
The awards were presented by Mr Jardin as well as SPAR Australia’s national merchandise manager, Mr Colin Dwyer, with Mr Bob Little, deputy chair of the SPAR Guild Council joining Mr Jardin and Mr Dwyer to present the Retailers’ Choice Award on behalf of SPAR Australia’s retailers.
Also at the presentation, Yoep Man, managing director of SPAR China, and the person responsible for international business development – APAC for SPAR International, presented an overview of SPAR’s global operations and focus areas for growth.
Mr Man shared some recent key developments around the world and also provided the audience with insights into upcoming expansions that have not yet been announced to the market.
Mr Man explained some of the challenges and opportunities presented by the Chinese market and how SPAR is successfully using these to create points of difference and drive significant sales volume.
Mr Man also shared the opportunities that exist for both Australian and international suppliers in working with SPAR in the areas of strategic collaboration, the supply chain, category management, consumer trends and SPAR’s beliefs.