The Australasian Association of Convenience Stores (AACS) is now taking nominations from AACS member retailers for the ‘AACS Store of the Year’ 2018.
There will be three awards handed out from AACS including the major ‘AACS national Store of the Year’ award which recognises excellence across a number of criteria, as well as one for ‘AACS Company operated Store of the year’, and another for ‘AACS Franchise / Independent Store of the year’ .
Stores will be mystery shopped twice through an independent company for 2018. These visits will occur from mid-May until mid-June 2018.
Criteria will include:
Walk up/drive up appeal
- Ease of access
- Clear signage
- Well presented store front, forecourt, gardens
- Innovation in store
- Offers added services e.g. money transfer, on line order collection, barista coffee, drive throughs etc
- Uses digital signage for promotions
- Store layout for customer ease of shopping and efficient service
- Displays look full and inviting, all price ticketed
- Range is appropriate for store size and location
- Well presented food to go offer
- Appropriate range for the day part e.g. breakfast, lunch etc
- Easy to buy allied products e.g. donuts/coffee, sandwiches/drinks etc
- Range to satisfy a variety of tastes
- Coffee machines accessible, and clean
- Sandwiches fresh and well in date
- Pies and other heated products hot and ready to eat
- Coffee temperature and flavour is acceptable
- Bakery items fresh
Stores will be independently assessed through mystery shopping and may be nominated from any state.
Send your nomination/s to [email protected] to be received by Friday 4th May 2018 and the winner will be announced at the AACS Gala and Awards dinner in Melbourne on August 16th 2018.