Do you think your C-store is the best in Australia? Is your forecourt a delight for drivers? Do your customers love to shop with you?
The Australasian Association of Convenience Stores (AACS) is now seeking nominations from member retailers for the AACS Store of the Year awards in 2017.
With three awards up for grabs, AACS will select the winners of the National Store of the Year award, the AACS Company Operated Store of the Year award, and the AACS Franchise / Independent Store of the Year.
Nominated stores will be mystery shopped twice, with the research carried out by an independent company. These visits will occur from mid-May until mid-June in 2017.
Criteria will include a number of factors:
- Walk up/drive up appeal
- Ease of access
- Clear signage
- Well-presented store front, forecourt, gardens
- Innovation in-store
- Offers added services e.g. money transfer, online order collection, barista coffee, drive throughs, etc.
- Use of digital signage or menu boards for promotions
- Store layout for customer ease of shopping and efficient service
- Product range
- Displays look full and inviting, all price ticketed
- Appropriate range for store size and location
- Food offer
- Well-presented food-to-go offer
- Appropriate range for the day part e.g. breakfast, lunch etc.
- Easy to buy allied products e.g. donuts/coffee, sandwiches/drinks etc.
- Range to satisfy a variety of tastes
- Coffee machines accessible, and clean
- Food quality
- Sandwiches fresh and well in date
- Pies and other heated products hot and ready to eat
- Coffee temperature and flavour is acceptable
- Bakery items fresh
Send your nominations to email@example.com before Friday 5th May 2017, or email for more information.
The winner will be announced at the AACS Gala & Awards dinner in Sydney on August 24th 2017.