Harris Smokehouse is conducting a recall of a selection of its products that have been available at independent food retailers across Australia.
The recall is due to possible Listeria monocytogenes contamination, which may cause illness in pregnant women and their unborn babies, the elderly, and people with low immune systems.
The recalled products include:
- Hot Smoked Barramundi 150g Use by 28/7/2022 through to 4/8/2022
- Hot Smoked Trout Blackening Spice 150g Use by 1/8/2022 through to 4/8/2022
- Everyday Smashed Smoked Salmon 150g Use by 20/7/2022 through to 28/7/2022
- Premium Smoked Salmon 100g, 250g, 500g, 1kg. Use by 18/7/2022 through to 8/8/2022
- Smoked Salmon Trimmings 250g Use by 25/7/2022 through to 29/7/2022
The products have been available for sale at independent food retailers including IGAs in Queensland, NSW, ACT, Victoria, Northern Territory, South Australia, and Western Australia.
The company has also recalled its Smoked Salmon Pate 175g and Everyday Smoked Salmon Pate 150g, which have been available for sale at IGA in South Australia.
Consumers should not eat these products. Any consumers concerned about their health should seek medical advice.
Customers should return the products to the place of purchase for a full cash refund.