United Petroleum has commenced an advertising campaign offering half a million dollars for a new role as its Head of Convenience.
The advertisement says the successful applicant will join the United senior management team as an “Iconic Australian brand with exceptional market penetration”.
“Few companies could rival United Petroleum’s highly successful large National Retail business. We are positioned for further growth and have a rare opportunity for the appointment of a high calibre and energetic Head of Convenience, to join our senior leadership team. This role will be critical in further developing and improving the retail offer together with retail execution at stores nationally,” the advertisement says.
“You will be responsible for compliance in all areas of operational activity and will improve sales and profitability of the retail network by ensuring the retail offer and execution is best in class. This role also demands the ability to drive marketing strategies and implement marketing programs across the network. You will oversee a team of retail professionals in a dynamic and fast-moving environment.
“To be considered for this critical role, you will have proven experience working in large retail multisite businesses, ideally with experience in FMCG and QSR. You will evidence your ability to successfully manage and implement change; this is a hands-on role. You must be an exceptional communicator and leader of people with proven operational skills. You will develop and deliver a differentiated store offer by driving product and experience innovation. You will lead and build a team of high performing site food operators and field leaders by consistent management and continual coaching. Ability to drive, manage and negotiate supplier’s agreements and supervise the buying team is essential.
“The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate the following experience and qualities:
- Ability to develop and implement strategies to achieve robust sustainable growth in both revenue and profit
- Ability to develop and improve the retail offer and drive and manage new product development
- Ability to provide strong leadership that is influential and collaborative
- Uncompromising attitude to safety and delivery of company values
- Proven experience in significant strategic decision making and implementation
- Lead merchandising and marketing teams to ensure maximisation of sales potential
- QSR and/or food service experience and strong retail skills are required
For more information on this role – contact Lynda Robinson – 03 9413 1457 or email: email@example.com